Wednesday, August 28, 2013

On the road Saigon to Hanoi on motorcycle!

 Day three -motorcycle- I was 30km short of my destination - it was to dark and I just couldn't see the road or all the scooters not using head lights! I


I'm just learning to ride 4 days so far .
I averaged about 25 km an hr which Is horrible - but so are the roads! Every possible obstacle: road constructions, gravel,dirt, wet roads, huge trucks and buses, hundreds of scooters basically non-stop insanity. It was great!


Chain guard got a little chewed up and the electric start stopped - I do better with kick starting it anyhow.

The entrance to the hotel I happened on tonight...

You just drive your bike into the room!


Something I though about but never did-note the room numbers of every room i stayed during this year long trip...guess ill start now .


The people are great they take pity on me for only knowing a few words in Vietnamese. 3 people have already gotten me out of three different binds. Not to mention feeding me - and showing me off to their families. So amazing. 


I thought today those people who took the time to help me I want to honor their spontaneous generosity. In the future to just take an extra moment to really look into their eyes - connect - I am those people they are me.

No comments:

Post a Comment