Saturday, August 3, 2013

Luang Prabang, Laos

I found some of the most interesting temples here in Luang Prabang, glass mosaic and stenciled interiors...oh and some gruesome pulpy paintings.

the night market was the best I've visited. I bought some very unique dolls started my bracelet collection at this market....

 I also had some deep massage and acupuncture from a healer lady who basically healed me! if your in town check out paradise massage ~the best massage I've had in the last 4 months! and I'ved had alot!!

there's a non profit called Big Brother Mouse that produces books for kids with original art works...check out there site ~ i think they are doing some good work.  www.bigbrothermouse.com





                                                    this is not from a temple
   


                  interior temple details


i met this wood carver and am honored to have his hammer in my collection!







one of the many awesome dolls made my crazy sweet woman at the market


interior temple detail








                                 

                                          kissy the temple cat


                                              kid wearing the mask he made for dancing


                     one of the many amazing books for kids published by Big Brother Mouse


                       shaman's knife ~  i enjoyed my stay at his home and his beautiful spooky flute playing.


                                           the maker of the dolls!



                                                    a close up of a hand made bird trap


                                             more temples



                                          nice and sloppy paint job  touch up








No comments:

Post a Comment