Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chiang Mai

Chang Mai kinda sucked me in...I got a chance to paint my first large scale murals for a cafe called "good morning Chiang Mai " and the Chiang Mai international school. the earth worms and alligator I painted with Benjamin Maddox. The unicorn and bird with flowers were a solo experiment.

The silver temple is still under construction and they have the workshops on site for the tin sculptors who hammer all the detail by hand.

Songkra is a big new year festival that started with Buddhists dripping water on each other and is now a full on country wide rave . 10 days of super soaker's, pick up trucks loaded with barrels of ice water and buckets of moat water - all for the sole purpose of soaking anyone and everyone! I'm missing some photos my camera got a little wet...duh!

Lastly a few cool street shots that I took while wandering....and the 31st century museum made from cargo containers. Check out there site for details: 31century.org





























































No comments:

Post a Comment