Thursday, April 25, 2013

Nong Khai: the Isara Foundation, and a big ole spirit house grave yard!


Back in Thailand I stopped in to check out the Isara Foundation- a grassroots non- profit school and volunteer program doing some great work in Thailand!
i met with the founder Kirk Gillock. He showed me around the school and told me about some cool projects -Like a boat made of recycled bottles that they sailed down the Mekong.
When Kirk found out I was studying Spirit Houses he took time out of his busy schedule to drive me to a nearby site of an very impressive Spirit House grave yard - the biggest one I've come across so far. Photos below:

Check out the Isara website and consider donating. All the money goes directly to teaching kids and community based projects.
http://www.isara.org/























No comments:

Post a Comment