Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to Bangkok and a visit to Bangkwang Prison and a 2 hour Thai massage.

We needed to pick up our big packs ( we have been traveling with day packs so far) and mail about half the stuff inside the big pack back to the states. I also picked up a new day pack and dry bag adding some color and quality of life!

I met Heather Luna Rose a Canadian who lives half the year in Bangkok visiting three prisons a day for the last eight years. She is a one person non- profit that focuses on inmates that don't get visitors....for more info on her work check her site www.thailandprisonersupport.org. I highly recommend her if your looking to make a dontion to a grass roots organization that does great one on one work in the most in humane prisons in Thailand.

The inmate I met was an Iranian named Moshen. He was an inspiration to me we just looked into each others eyes...I could see his strength, his fragility and his acceptance. We talked about my travels and life back home, meditation and his life inside and the transformation he is experiencing. One thing that stuck with me was when he said if it wasn't for this torturous prison he would not have learned English from T.V. Or how to meditate...and he definitely would not be baking! The television and the baking are temporary they can be taken from him at any moment but the meditation cannot be taken away!

I couldn't take photos of the prison so google it please.
















No comments:

Post a Comment